Wexner Heritage Program Israel Summer Institute 2017
April 25, 2017 / 29 Nissan 5777
Dear Wexner Heritage Program Member,
We are excited to present to you the Wexner Heritage Program Summer Israel Institute 2017 Registration. We will explore Israel through our theme, A New Israeli Order: Between and Beyond the “Four Tribes” of Israel. It is our hope and expectation that this approach will allow us to appreciate Israel’s beautiful and complex tapestry of perspectives and voices. The Institute will be experiential, thought-provoking and intellectually and spiritually challenging. The program includes a mixture of full group experiences, elective trips and community group trips that will allow you to explore those elements of Israel that most interest and challenge you as a Jewish communal leader.
HERE ARE A FEW PROGRAM HIGHLIGHTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO:
• Almost 200 Wexner Heritage Members and spouses from the cohorts Los Angeles 15, St. Louis 15, Greater MetroWest 15, New York 16, New York RSJ 16 and Philadelphia 16 will be together for six nights in Jerusalem and one night in Tel Aviv.
• Exploring one of the four tribes in-depth with a mix of participants from our different groups.
• Community based trip learning about places where these tribes are being woven together by visionary leaders.
• A close-up view of the intersection of Arab-Israeli and Jewish communities in the north and important opportunities for advancement in the relationships between those tribes.
• Looking beyond the tribes to areas of conflict in the West Bank, East Jerusalem, at the Gaza border and the Syrian border.
• Interaction with members of the Wexner Israel alumni network, who are leaders at the highest levels of government, military, and public health.
• An exploration of the four tribes through unique Jerusalem cultural experiences including hiking, arts, cooking, and more. We’ll also explore Tel Aviv with a “choose your own adventure” day highlighting some of the exciting developments in the city, its idiosyncratic artists and innovators.
• A beautiful Shabbat in Jerusalem, and a celebration of our three graduating cohorts at the stunning Peres Center for Peace in Tel Aviv-Yafo at the end of the Institute.
WE’RE PARTICULARLY EXCITED TO SHARE WITH YOU THAT WE WILL BE CELEBRATING 30 YEARS OF THE WEXNER FOUNDATION’S PRESENCE IN ISRAEL WITH LESLIE AND ABIGAIL WEXNER AND A FEW HUNDRED ALUMNI OF OUR ISRAEL PROGRAMS AT A GALA EVENT IN HAIFA ON THURSDAY NIGHT.
You will see in this registration three separate program selections that you will be asked to make in the online registration form. You will rate your choices one through three (1 being the option that you are most interested in, 2 and 3 in descending order, etc.). The options will be for Tuesday, Friday and Sunday’s programs. On each of the other days, you will either be in full group programs and/or separated by community group. Spouses are welcome to make selections independently from the member.
PLEASE NOTE: WE ANTICIPATE THAT CERTAIN PROGRAM OPTIONS WILL REACH CAPACITY FASTER THAN OTHERS. WE WILL FULFILL REQUESTS IN THE ORDER THAT THEY ARE RECEIVED SO WE ENCOURAGE YOU TO REGISTER AS SOON AS POSSIBLE AND NO LATER THAN FRIDAY, MAY 5, 2017.
Should you have questions about any aspect of the Institute, please feel free to call Jay or Ben at 614-939-6060 or Lori at 212-355-6115.