The Accelerator Summit, an invitation-only event, will provide a 48-hour opportunity to advance the best projects to emerge from the first three Wexner Summits.
To date there have been three Wexner Summits* fostering substantive action:
1. Stronger Together (Re)Imagining the Israel-North American Jewish Community Relationship (launched 2016)
2. Social Justice (launched 2016)
3. Civil Discourse (launched 2017)
All three Summits have yielded impactful projects that continue to address the challenges in these areas. The Accelerator's goal is to strengthen and deepen the impact of the best of these ongoing projects. Team members will showcase and workshop these projects to an eager group of highly effective alumni who will help these teams get to the next level.
The Accelerator will bring together two distinct groups of participants from our network:
1. Previous Summit participants whose projects have flourished and show promise of additional growth. In the case of large teams, it's possible that only the lead players will be invited to attend the Accelerator Summit. Attendees will be expected to prepare an appropriate workshop, which will benefit the growth of your project.
2. Hand-picked members of our alumni network who have not previously attended Summits and who have savvy, insight and wherewithal to help accelerate these projects. Expertise may include marketing/communications, research, law, politics, navigating the Jewish or Israeli world, taking things to scale. You will be expected to join or continue to support (in some way) one or many of the projects presented at this Summit.
All participants will be our top alumni from the following Wexner programs: The Wexner Graduate, Israel and Field Fellowships; The Wexner Senior Leaders and Wexner Heritage Program.
The Accelerator Summit begins at 2 pm on Sunday, April 7th, 2019 and concludes at 2 pm on Tuesday, April 9th. Attendance for the entire Summit is mandatory.
We will meet at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal in Princeton, NJ. Travel to and from Princeton will be covered by The Wexner Foundation.
Hotel accommodations in a shared double room will be covered as well and dietary laws will be observed. Single rooms are available for a supplement. Due to the intense programming at the Summits, we cannot include spouses.
Participants will be expected to prepare/read/review/do/participate in zoom calls ahead of and after the Summit. TBA.
For questions about Summit content/expectations, please contact:
Rabbi Jay Moses, Vice President
Angie Atkins, Director, Wexner Heritage Alumni
Dana Savoray-Hadar, Deputy Director, Wexner Israel Programs
For questions on logistics, please contact Noam Soker, Administrative Associate
* WHAT ARE WEXNER SUMMITS? THE NETWORK IN ACTION
Wexner Summits offer platforms for select North American and Israeli alumni across five of our programs to engage in deep dialogue, learning, problem-solving and collaborative work. Additionally, what we aspire to advance is a deep sense of community based on real knowledge and understanding across differences in worldview and experience, an abiding commitment to the principle that our alumni have much to learn from each other. Allowing our network of leaders in the Israeli public sector and in both the professional and volunteer ranks of Jewish life in North America to leverage one another, Wexner Summits empower and mobilize a cadre of change agents who work in teams over the course of a year to address major challenges facing the Jewish people and Israel. In most cases, that is just the beginning.