Eligibility, Awards and Expectations
In order to be eligible to apply for the Wexner Field Fellowship, all eligibility requirements must be met. Applicants must:
- Be based in North America and employed full-time by a Jewish communal organization
- Have been born between March 2, 1976 and March 1, 1992 (ages 28-43 on March 1, 2020)
- Have at least five years of post-baccalaureate full-time work or volunteer experience and have been employed full-time at their current organization for at least one year by March 1, 2020
- Be a citizen of the United States, Canada or Mexico, or have documentation that allows them to work in that country
- Receive the written support of the Executive Director and Board President of their current organization for full participation in the Fellowship Program (a letter of support will be provided for those invited to complete the full application, and if the applicant is the Executive Director, s/he should still get the Board President's signature)
- Not have received the Wexner Graduate Fellowship; Note: Wexner Field Fellowship applicants who have completed graduate studies specifically geared for the Jewish professional field are now eligible as long as they have not received a Wexner Graduate Fellowship. The Wexner Foundation also remains committed to providing leadership training to those who have not had graduate-level training in Jewish communal work and will ensure that they are represented in each cohort.
All eligible applicants are encouraged to apply, irrespective of denominational affiliation, gender, racial or ethnic origin, disability or sexual orientation.
If you have applied to any of The Wexner Foundation’s programs in the past, you are welcome to re-apply but you are required to submit an entirely new application. Because we are creating a cohort, each applicant pool results in different selections and therefore re-applying may be a good idea. The first step of applying (the pre-application) is intentionally low-barrier to respect your time in the event that you are not an appropriate fit in that pool of applicants. If you have previously applied to the Wexner Field Fellowship, we recommend waiting a year or two so that your application presents a slightly different profile.
The 2018 application is now closed. To be notified when the pre-application opens in 2019, click here.
Field Fellows Awards and Expectations
- Commit to participate in all Fellowship-sponsored programs totaling approximately 8 days of travel (6 business days) per year for three years and insure that there will be no conflicts with these programs. Fellows will attend two Institutes annually (a Spring Institute around March and a Fall Institute around September). Fellows may be invited to participate in the JFNA General Assembly sometime during their Fellowship, and a 24- hour capstone experience during the last year of the Fellowship.
- Commit to work full-time at a North American Jewish communal organization for all three years of the Fellowship Program and three years beyond (six years total).
- Commit to selecting a professional coach and a Jewish educator from a roster of approved professional coaches and faculty to work with one-on-one on an ongoing basis. The coach will partner with Field Fellows and will meet 15-20 times a year for three years to help them reach their potential. The Jewish educator will work with Field Fellows and will meet 12-15 times a year for three years to help expand their Jewish understanding based on their unique needs.
- Benefit from access to a pool of funds (approximately $5,000 per fellow per year) for additional learning and growth. These funds can be used on Foundation-approved professional development opportunities and associated travel and accommodations. Field Fellows will be reimbursed for these expenses.
- Must submit a W-9 that has been signed and dated in the current year to The Wexner Foundation after they have been accepted. The Wexner Foundation cannot give tax advice. Some professional development opportunities which are reimbursed may incur taxes.
For questions regarding the Field Fellowship, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please review the eligibility requirements before contacting us, and note that there are no exceptions to the eligibility requirements listed above. A new cohort will be selected each year, so you may be eligible to apply in the future if you are not currently eligible.
Field Fellow applicants must attend an in-person interview, tentatively scheduled for Sunday, December 8 - Wednesday, December 11, 2019 in New York City. Finalists will be brought to the interview at the Foundation's expense.
The 2020 Institutes are scheduled for:
- Spring Institute, March 1-4, 2020
- Fall Institute, September 13-16, 2020
Future institutes will be around the same time the following years. If accepted, Field Fellows are obligated to attend all institutes. The incoming class of Field Fellows will attend institutes in 2020, 2021, and 2022.
NEWS / EVENTS
Happenings September/October 2018
Check out our list of milestones in the lives of the Wexner Network.
Spending Hanukkah Sharing Gratitude
On Sunday, December 2, we met up at the Family Mentor Foundation to organize and pack Buddy Boxes fo…