2020 Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program Alumni Institute
JANUARY 12-15, 2020
SANIBEL HARBOUR MARRIOTT
FORT MYERS, FL
In the recent past, we have seen countervailing forces at play in our world: on the one hand, there is a yearning for deeper relationships and efforts to build bridges across all kinds of difference. And yet individuals are increasingly isolated and polarized; our society increasingly fractured.
This Alumni Institute will ask: How and why do we need one another? Who do we need? When do we tune out and reject others - individuals and whole groups - entirely, and what are the consequences?? As a network of Wexner alumni, we will grapple with tough questions, learn together, build skills and foster new connections.
In particular, we seek to explore together:
How might we reimagine building transformational - not just transactional - relationships?
How might we leverage the Wexner experience and community as a learning laboratory for building stronger relationships and alliances in our personal lives, in our professional careers, and as a Jewish community?
Recognizing different backgrounds and personalities of Wexner alumni, how do we relate to others who hold different ideas and identities than ourselves?
In addition to theme-related programs, alumni-led electives, career area breakouts, and class meetings, the Institute will also include a chance to remember Aaron Panken z”l, Class 8. Alumni Institute 2019 Planning Committee
Serena Eisenberg (Class 9)
Shana Teig Kantor (Class 15)
Mordy Walfish (Class 22)
Stefanie Zelkind (Class 16)
Register by clicking HERE. Note: You must be logged in to register.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE:OCTOBER 31, 2019
- Full participation in the Institute is required; you must arrive in time for the opening program on Sunday, stay through the closing program on Tuesday night, and participate in all programs throughout.
- Register by clicking HERE. Note: You must be logged in to register. See below for information re: booking flights.
- There is no registration fee for the 2020 Alumni Institute.
- The Wexner Foundation will cover the costs of long-distance transportation to the Alumni Institute (flight/mileage) as well as the fee for one checked bag.
- Alumni will be responsible for the following expenses:
- ground transportation in your home city
- local ground transportation in the Fort Myers area
- meals on travel days (other than those provided at the Institute)
If this causes financial hardship, please contact Stefanie Zelkind (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACCOMMODATIONS: All alumni will be booked in shared hotel rooms. You may select a roommate on your registration form (please confirm with your roommate in advance) or be matched by Wexner staff. If you wish to have your own room, single rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis with a single room supplement of $105 per night for the Institute (for a total of $315 for the entire institute), and must be paid upon check-in. We will let you know by mid-December if we're able to accommodate your single room request.
PARTNER POLICY: As the WGF Alumni community grows (now over 500 strong!), spouses/partners are no longer eligible to attend.
INFANT POLICY: The Wexner Foundation accommodates alumni who are nursing infants and non-nursing alumni who are new parents of babies 12 WEEKS OR YOUNGER ONLY.
- To maximize full participation in the Institute, The Wexner Foundation offers a $300 subsidy for childcare that can be used toward a caregiver's long-distance travel expenses or for a local babysitter, which you must arrange. The caregiver must share your room and cannot participate in the Institute. Please indicate on the registration form if you plan to bring your infant. Please note that this accommodation is to make it possible for alumni to be FULL PARTICIPANTS in the Institute.
TRAVEL GUIDELINES: The Wexner Foundation will cover the costs of long-distance
transportation to the Alumni Institute (flight/train/mileage) as well as
the fee for one checked bag. To be reimbursed, ALL LONG-DISTANCE TRAVEL MUST BE BOOKED BY OCTOBER 31.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Any expenses (e.g., hotel reservations, transportation including canceled plane tickets, registration fees) incurred by The Wexner Foundation on behalf of alumni, due to the change or cancellation of an itinerary will be the full financial responsibility of alumni. HOTEL RESERVATIONS CANCELED AFTER DECEMBER 10 WILL BE ALUMNI'S RESPONSIBILITY.
Should you need to cancel, please contact xxxx at XXX@wexner.net.
SAVE THE DATE! ALUMNI INSTITUTE 2021: February 7-10 at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal
NEWS / EVENTS
Applications for the Wexner Field Fellowship Now Open
Apply for Class 4 of the Wexner Field Fellowship by October 30th.
Wexner-Style Learning from Portland to Portoroz
In late May 2019, my wife Ellen and I traveled to the seaside town of Portoroz on the coast of Slove…