2020 Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program Alumni Institute
PHILANTHROPY, POWER & PRIVILEGE
ALUMNI INSTITUTE 2020
JANUARY 12-15, 2020
SANIBEL HARBOUR MARRIOTT
FORT MYERS, FL
As Wexner Alumni, we are grateful beneficiaries of philanthropy. From the financial support that helped us through graduate programs and professional development, to all-expenses-paid Institutes each year, we recognize and appreciate the privileges we enjoy.
Because of the gifts we've received and the professional roles we hold, we have a responsibility to evaluate the ways in which power and privilege can be used in our communities, organizations and our government. We invite you to join with fellow community members to discuss, debate, learn, share, connect and exercise leadership at our 2020 Alumni Institute.
Alumni Institute 2020 Co-Chairs
Julie Finkelstein, Class 23
Asher Lopatin, Class 5
The Wexner Foundation is grateful to our 2020 Alumni Institute funding partners, the William Davidson Foundation and the Jim Joseph Foundation.
Register by clicking HERE. Note: You must be logged in to register.
- REGISTRATION DEADLINE: OCTOBER 31, 2019
- Full participation in the Institute is required; you must arrive in time for the opening program on Sunday, stay through the closing program on Tuesday night, and participate in all programs throughout.
- Register by clicking HERE. Note: You must be logged in to register. See below for information re: booking flights.
- There is no registration fee for the 2020 Alumni Institute.
- The Wexner Foundation will cover the costs of long-distance transportation to the Alumni Institute (flight/mileage) as well as the fee for one checked bag.
- Alumni will be responsible for the following expenses:
- ground transportation in your home city
- meals on travel days (other than those provided at the Institute)
If this causes financial hardship, please contact Stefanie Zelkind (firstname.lastname@example.org)
ACCOMMODATIONS: All alumni will be booked in shared hotel rooms. You may select a roommate on your registration form (please confirm with your roommate in advance) or be matched by Wexner staff. If you wish to have your own room, single rooms will be available on a first-come, first-served basis with a single room supplement of $105 per night, plus applicable taxes, for the Institute (for a total of $315, plus applicable taxes, for the entire Institute), and must be paid upon check-in. We will let you know by mid-December if we're able to accommodate your single room request.
PARTNER POLICY: As the WGF/DS/WFF Alumni community grows (now over 500 strong!), spouses/partners are no longer eligible to attend.
INFANT POLICY: The Wexner Foundation accommodates alumni who are new parents (of babies 12 weeks or younger) or have infants who are primarily nursing.
- To maximize full participation in the Institute, The Wexner Foundation offers a $300 subsidy for childcare that can be used toward a caregiver's long-distance travel expenses or for a local babysitter, which you must arrange. The caregiver must share your room and cannot participate in the Institute. Please indicate on the registration form if you plan to bring your infant. Please note that this accommodation is to make it possible for alumni to be FULL PARTICIPANTS in the Institute.
TRAVEL GUIDELINES: The Wexner Foundation will cover the costs of long-distance
transportation to the Alumni Institute (flight/train/mileage) as well as
the fee for one checked bag and local ground transportation from RSW airport to the hotel. To be reimbursed, ALL LONG-DISTANCE TRAVEL MUST BE BOOKED BY OCTOBER 31.
CANCELLATION POLICY: Any expenses (e.g., hotel reservations, transportation including canceled plane tickets, registration fees) incurred by The Wexner Foundation on behalf of alumni, due to the change or cancellation of an itinerary will be the full financial responsibility of alumni. HOTEL RESERVATIONS CANCELED AFTER DECEMBER 10 WILL BE ALUMNI'S RESPONSIBILITY.
Should you need to cancel, please contact Trisha Kure at email@example.com
SAVE THE DATE! ALUMNI INSTITUTE 2021: February 7-10, 2021 at the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal, Princeton, NJ
NEWS / EVENTS
Independent Review from The Wexner Foundation
Given the concerns expressed by this community, we initiated an independent review of Jeffrey Epstei…
The Impact of the “Peres Philosophy” on My Career
There was always an intriguing dichotomy between the late President Shimon Peres’ ability to b…