Travel by PLANE
**ALL LONG-DISTANCE TRAVEL MUST BE BOOKED BY OCTOBER 31, 2019.**
You are responsible for booking your own travel according to the procedures outlined below:
1. You must submit a proposed travel itinerary to The Wexner Foundation before booking your flight, within these guidelines:
- Booking deadline: October, 31, 2019
- Closest airport: We recommend that you fly into Southwest Florida International (RSW) Airport
- Arrival time: flight must land at RSW no later than XX:XXpm Eastern on Sunday, January 12, 2020 (this will give you ample time to travel to the hotel by the opening program)
- Departure time: any time on Wednesday, January 15, 2020 -There will be no programming on Wednesday, but optional breakfast will be provided. Plan to leave yourself at least 45 minutes of travel time.
- Budget: Round-trip flights must not exceed the following:
New York- $xxx
Los Angeles- $xxx
San Francisco- $xxx
For those traveling from the West Coast, we understand that flights may arrive after the XX:XXpm Eastern deadline. If you prefer to arrive a day early, The Wexner Foundation will cover hotel expenses. Please research flights and send proposed itinerary for approval.
Note: Please book the most reasonable economy or main cabin class fare within the budget above that allows you to take a carry on and choose your seat. If you cannot find a flight at or below the listed price cap, or if you have travel-related questions, please contact XXXX XXXX at XXXX@wexner.net or (614) 939-6060. The budgets above do not include the fee for one checked bag.
2. Send your proposed itinerary for approval to XXXX XXXX (XXXX@wexner.net) with "Last Name, Alumni Institute Travel" in the subject line by October 31.
3. Once approved, book your flight immediately to avoid fare increases. Note: When your travel is approved, you will receive an expense form.
4. Send confirmed flight details, along with your completed and signed expense form, no later than October 31, 2019. Reimbursements will only be issued once you have registered and have submitted your completed expense form and flight information/receipt by the deadline. Adjustments made to existing reservations resulting in penalties or fare increases will not be reimbursed.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM SOUTHWEST FLORIDA INTERNATIONAL (RSW) AIRPORT
You are XXXresponsibleXXX for arranging and paying for all ground transportation in your home city and in Florida. You must arrive at the hotel by XX:XXpm Eastern on Sunday, January 12, 2020.
From RSW, we recommend taking a cab or app based car service or coordinating a ride-share with other alumni arriving around the same time as you. We will distribute a spreadsheet with participants' arrival and departure times so that you may coordinate ride-sharing if interested.
Taxi estimates: $xx and XX time
App Based Car Service Estimates: $xx and XX time
For those traveling in large groups, the Foundation may arrange a car service.
To register for Alumni Institute 2020, click HERE.
NEWS / EVENTS
A New Leader for the Wexner Service Corps
Rabbi Sharon Barr Skolnik will serve as the new leader for the Wexner Service Corps.
Leadership in Crises: Examples of Military Preparation and Business Accountability
Both the U.S. military and the American business community regularly face crises. It is both part of…