Travel by PLANE
**ALL LONG-DISTANCE TRAVEL MUST BE BOOKED BY DECEMBER 14, 2018.**
You are responsible for booking your own travel according to the procedures outlined below:
1. You must submit a proposed travel itinerary to The Wexner Foundation before booking your flight, within these guidelines:
- Booking deadline: December 14, 2018
- Closest airport: We recommend that you fly into Newark (EWR) Airport - If you choose to fly into an airport other than EWR, we will reimburse up to the amount of a similar flight to EWR. You will be responsible for your ground transportation costs to the Princeton Marriott. Note: ground transportation costs from LGA and JFK are significant (taxi fare approximately $175-$200).
- Arrival time: flight must land at EWR no later than 2:00pm Eastern on Sunday, February 17, 2019 (this will give you ample time to travel to the hotel by the opening program)
- Departure time: any time on Wednesday, February 20, 2019 -There will be no programming on Wednesday, but optional breakfast will be provided. Plan to leave yourself at least 1.5 hours of travel time if you plan to return to EWR using public transportation.
- Budget: Round-trip flights must not exceed the following:
Los Angeles- $300
San Francisco- $310
For those traveling from the West Coast, we understand that flights may arrive after the 2:00pm Eastern deadline. If you prefer to arrive a day early, The Wexner Foundation will cover hotel expenses. Please research flights and send proposed itinerary for approval.
Note: Please book the most reasonable economy or main cabin class fare within the budget above that allows you to take a carry on and choose your seat. If you cannot find a flight at or below the listed price cap, or if you have travel-related questions, please contact Noam Soker at email@example.com or (614) 939-6060. The budgets above do not include the fee for one checked bag.
2. Send your proposed itinerary for approval to Noam Soker (firstname.lastname@example.org) with "Last Name, Alumni Institute Travel" in the subject line by December 14.
3. Once approved, book your flight immediately to avoid fare increases. Note: When your travel is approved, you will receive an expense form.
4. Send confirmed flight details, along with your completed and signed expense form, no later than December 14, 2018. Reimbursements will only be issued once you have registered and have submitted your completed expense form and flight information/receipt by the deadline. Adjustments made to existing reservations resulting in penalties or fare increases will not be reimbursed.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM NEWARK (EWR) AIRPORT
You are responsible for arranging and paying for all ground transportation in your home city and in NJ. You must arrive at the hotel by 4:00pm Eastern on Sunday, February 17, 2019.
From EWR, we recommend taking public transportation or coordinating a ride-share with other alumni arriving around the same time as you. We will distribute a spreadsheet with participants' arrival and departure times so that you may coordinate ride-sharing if interested.
To take public transportation, we recommend:
- Take AirTrain from your terminal to EWR NJ Transit Station.
- At EWR NJ Transit Station, follow signs to trains to Philadelphia/Trenton. Then take NJ Transit to Princeton Junction Station (travel time: 50 minutes, cost: $17.25). Tickets may be purchased in advance using the NJ Transit app.
- From Princeton Junction Station, the hotel has a shuttle that runs on a first come, first served basis. To schedule a free shuttle pick up, call the front desk at 609-452-7800. Or, take a Lyft, Uber, or taxi to the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal (travel time: 10 minutes, approx. Uber cost: $10, approx. taxi cost: $22).
To register for Alumni Institute 2019, click HERE.
NEWS / EVENTS
Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program Announces Class 32
We're thrilled to announce the 20 outstanding individuals of Class 32 who will receive leadership tr…
You’ll Never Know If You Never Ask
Hello, my name is Sally Mundell and I confess that I am the “simple child” at Passover. …