Traveling by AMTRAK & LOCAL TRAIN
**ALL LONG-DISTANCE TRAVEL MUST BE BOOKED BY DECEMBER 14, 2018.**
You are responsible for booking your own travel according to the procedures outlined below:
1. You must submit a proposed travel itinerary to The Wexner Foundation before booking your AMTRAK ticket, within these guidelines:
- Booking deadline: December 14, 2018
- Recommended train station: AMTRAK Trenton Station- although Princeton Junction Station is closer to the hotel, arriving at Trenton Station will involve fewer train transfers and will likely be faster.
- Arrival time: train should arrive at Trenton Station no later than 3:15pm Eastern on Sunday, February 17, 2019.
- Departure time: any time on Wednesday, February 20, 2019. Note: There will not be any programming on Wednesday, but optional breakfast will be provided.
- Budget: Round-trip train tickets must not exceed the following:
- Boston- $200
- Washington, DC- $100
Note: Please book the most reasonable train fare within the
budget above. If you cannot find a fare at or below the listed price cap, or you have any questions, please contact Noam Soker at firstname.lastname@example.org or (614) 939-6060.
2. Send your proposed itinerary for approval to Noam Soker (email@example.com) with "Last Name, Alumni Institute Travel" in the subject line.
3. Once approved, book your train ticket immediately to avoid fare increases. Note: When your travel is approved, you will receive an expense form.
4. Send confirmed train travel details, along
with completed and signed expense form, no later than December 14, 2018. Reimbursements will only be issued once you have registered and have submitted your completed expense form and train information/receipt by the deadline. Adjustments made to existing reservations resulting in penalties or fare increases will not be reimbursed.
GROUND TRANSPORTATION FROM TRENTON STATION
You are responsible for arranging and paying for all ground
transportation in your home city and in NJ. You must arrive at the hotel by 4:00pm Eastern on Sunday, February 17, 2019.
From Trenton Station, we recommend that you:
- Take a Lyft, Uber, or
taxi to the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal (travel time: 20 minutes,
approx. Uber cost: $20)
- Coordinate a ride-share with other alumni arriving around the same
time as you. We will distribute a spreadsheet with participants' arrival and
departure times so that you may coordinate ride-sharing if interested.
TRAVEL BY LOCAL TRAIN:
From within the Philly-NY-NJ area, you are responsible for all ground transportation.
Take NJ Transit to Princeton Junction Station. From NY Penn Station, travel time to Princeton Junction is approx. 1 hour, 10 minutes; RT ticket costs $32.
From Princeton Junction, the hotel has a shuttle that runs on a first come, first served basis. To schedule a free shuttle pick up, call the front desk at 609-452-7800. Or, take a Lyft, Uber, or taxi to the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal (travel time: 10 minutes, approx. cost: $10).
Take SEPTA to Trenton Station. From Philadelphia, travel time to Trenton Station, travel is max. 1 hour; RT ticket costs $20. Note: while Princeton Junction Station is closer to the hotel, arriving at Trenton Station will involve fewer transfers and will likely be faster.
From Trenton Station, take a Lyft, Uber, or taxi to the Princeton Marriott at Forrestal (travel time: 20 minutes, approx. cost: $20)
To register for Alumni Institute 2019, click HERE.
NEWS / EVENTS
A New Leader for the Wexner Service Corps
Rabbi Sharon Barr Skolnik will serve as the new leader for the Wexner Service Corps.
Leadership in Crises: Examples of Military Preparation and Business Accountability
Both the U.S. military and the American business community regularly face crises. It is both part of…