Program and Educational Overview
Wexner Graduate Fellowships are granted to exceptional candidates with a
strong personal commitment to the Jewish community, a record of
demonstrated excellence in academic achievement, and the potential to
assume significant professional leadership roles in the North American
Jewish community. All Wexner Fellows will participate in four years of Fellowship-wide Institutes and gatherings*, regardless of funding status, as follows:
- Orientation (first year): May 13-15, 2019
- Leadership learning calls (first year): monthly peer consultations, by phone
- Summer Institute (every year): August 18-23, 2019; August 24-28, 2020; mid-late August 2021, mid-late August 2022
- Winter Institute (every year): January 20-23, 2019; January 19-22, 2021, January 17-20, 2021, January 16-19, 2022
- Mid-Fellowship Retreat (third year): five-day program, usually second week of November, over Shabbat
*Dates subject to change.
These programs build a cohesive community of Fellows while enhancing the leadership skills of each individual Fellow. All Fellows are afforded unique opportunities for ongoing interaction with outstanding Jewish leaders and for extensive collaboration with one other. Fellows receive leadership training, peer support, professional mentoring, and networking across career choices and denominational affiliations, both during school and throughout their lives.
The Wexner Graduate Fellowship/Davidson Scholars Program experience extends
well beyond the four-year leadership program. Our extensive alumni
network serves as a professional community throughout Fellows’ careers.
NEWS / EVENTS
A New Leader for the Wexner Heritage Program
We're thrilled to announce a new leader of the Wexner Heritage Program, Rabba Yaffa Epstein.
The Jewels of Judaism
As a young rabbi starting my career in Chicago I had the privilege of learning from my late teacher …