Step one – Candidacy Initiation Form
Candidates interested in the fellowship are welcome to submit the Candidacy Initiation Form (CIF) on The Wexner Foundation website. Applicants whose CIF is approved will then be asked to submit an Application Form. If you’d like to be notified when the application for 2020-21 opens, please click here.
Candidates are strongly encouraged to submit their Candidacy Initiation Form as early as possible to leave sufficient time to invest in the full Application Form (AF). Three online information sessions about the Wexner Israel Program will be held on the following dates using Zoom platform: May 20 | June 19 | July 9.
Participating in an online information session is highly recommended for all applicants and requires advance registration. Please register here.
Step two – Application Form
Candidates who meet the eligibility requirements will receive an email from The Wexner Foundation requesting they submit an Application Form (AF) and the following documents:
- Three essays
- Three English written recommendations (must be submitted by the recommenders).
- Transcripts, in English, from each academic institution mentioned in the Candidacy Initiation form.
- Copy of the full HKS application form (alongside the WIF AF, candidates must also submit an application to the MC-MPA, which can be found on the Harvard Kennedy School website). For full information on HKS admission requirements please click here.
For further information on the HKS application forms, the English exams or on requesting TOEFL/IELTS exemptions, please contact Harvard.
- We recommend learning more about the Harvard application process in the Harvard University’s admissions blog.
- Grade sheets of the TOEFL or IELTS exam. We strongly recommend registering to the TOEFL or IELTS as soon as possible to ensure that HKS and The Wexner Foundation receive your grade sheets on time.
Please note that you can retake the TOEFL/IELTS, therefore, please register well in advance so as to leave enough time to retake the exam if necessary.
- A letter of approval from your employer via email to the WIF Program Manager.
The deadline for submitting applications to the Wexner Israel Fellowship program and to the HKS MC-MPA will be in December of 2019.
Stage Three – Interviews
The Wexner Foundation invites suitable candidates who have been accepted to HKS to interview in front of the selection committee. The selection committee gathers each year in March. Interviews will be held both in Hebrew and in English, by two separate panels of the committee.
Applicants are requested to save the interview dates, as there will be no opportunity to interview at other times.
ABSENCE FROM THE INTERVIEWS AUTOMATICALLY DISQUALIFIES APPLICANTS FROM THE WIF.
Applicants receive the admission committee’s decision within 7 days of their interview.
If you have questions, please contact Keren Zefania.
Register for an online information session.
This application process is now closed.