Applications for our 2020-2021 WSC Cohort will be open from March 2-March 30, 2020 at 5:00pm EST.
The application will include basic info and several essays (listed below). You will also be asked to create a one-minute video that answers a brief question.
1. What else are you involved in that might make it difficult to participate in WSC both during the academic year and during the trip? How would you make time for this experience?
2. Please share a strength of yours and how it would benefit the group.
3. Please identify a role model and describe how he or she has helped shape your Jewish identity.
4. Think about an issue in your community, school, the country or the world that frustrates you. If you created your own service event in response, what would it look like?
5. Here's a choice of two texts; choose one that speaks to you and tell us how this text motivates you in your desire to help change the world.
Text 1: "Hillel used to say: If I am not for myself, who is for me? But if I am only for myself, what am I? And if not now, when?" (Pirkei Avot 1:14)
Text 2: "Shimon the Righteous...used to say: the world stands upon three things: the Torah (teaching), Avodah (ritual service), and on the practice of acts of loving kindness."
In order to apply you need to login or create an account. If you are a new user please
click here to register. After registration you will be taken to the application.