Wexner Field Fellowship
Leadership development for Jewish Communal Professionals in the field
The Wexner Foundation is pleased to announce the first cohort of Wexner Field Fellows. Click here to read more about them.
Thank you for your interest in the Wexner Field Fellowship! Please email Ruthie Warshenbrot at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions. The application is now closed. If you are interested in being notified when the next application cycle opens, please fill out this form.
The Wexner Foundation recently piloted the Wexner Field Fellows Program in partnership with the Jim Joseph Foundation to provide opportunities for professional growth to promising Jewish professionals who plan to continue to pursue a career as a professional leader in the North American Jewish community. The Wexner Field Fellowship has now expanded into its own initiative to provide professional development and leadership learning for up to 15 emerging leaders each year.
The Wexner Field Fellowship is a special opportunity for Jewish professional leaders to grow, deepen their leadership skills and develop a rich network of colleagues to support his or her career. Through this three-year intensive professional development program Field Fellows will:
- Become part of a cohort of lifelong professional learners
- Learn with amazing leadership teachers and Jewish educators
- Receive one-on-one professional coaching and Jewish learning, along with access to reimbursable funds toward Foundation-approved personally customized professional development opportunities
- Become part of The Wexner Foundation’s network of professional and volunteer leaders in the North American Jewish Community and in Israel
- Develop a nuanced appreciation for the diversity of the North American Jewish community
A Commitment to Jewish Professional Leadership and Learning
Wexner Field Fellows are emerging leaders committed to a career in the North American Jewish Community. In light of this, Fellows are required to work full-time at a Jewish communal organization based in North America for the duration of their fellowship (three years) and for at least three years beyond (for six years total). Wexner Field Fellows are expected to participate in all required elements of the program, including attending all institutes. The Wexner Foundation covers all expenses for program participation. For more details, visit the Eligibility, Awards and Expectations page.
A Network of Support
- Field Fellows participate in six cohort-based institutes on leadership skills and Jewish issues.
- Field Fellows will have regular mentoring meetings with professionals from The Wexner Foundation to support their growth and progress.
- Field Fellows will connect with their fellowship cohort remotely between institutes with the director of the program to network, share concerns and for peer-consultations.
- Field Fellows will be connected (when appropriate) for mentoring relationships with members of The Wexner Foundation’s alumni community.
- Field Fellows will be paired with professional coaches and Jewish educators.
NEWS / EVENTS
Beyond the Book with Prof. Barbara Kellerman and WGF Alum David Bryfman
Our year-long series of 36 Minutes LIVE: Beyond the Book is going strong! Check out the recordings…
The Power of Belonging: Ideas in Jewish Education and Engagement
“In our generation, the struggle of whether we connect more, whether we achieve our biggest op…