The Wexner Foundation invites applications for the position of: Wexner Israel Fellowship Program Manager.
The Wexner Foundation, based in North America and guided by the vision of our chairmen Leslie and Abigail Wexner, is focused on strengthening Jewish professional and volunteer leaders in North America and public service leaders in the State of Israel.
The goal of the Wexner Israel Fellowship Program is to provide Israel’s next generation of public leaders with superior training in public management and leadership development, thus enhancing the quality of democracy and the institutional vitality of Israel’s public sector.
Established in 1989, The Wexner Israel Fellowship Program represents a unique and important partnership among The Wexner Foundation, the Israeli Civil Service Commission and The Harvard Kennedy School (HKS). Each year, up to ten outstanding Israeli public service officials are funded to pursue a Master of Public Administration degree at the HKS and to participate in the Wexner Seminar, a series of weekly sessions and institutes designed to support fellows in preparing for the next stage in their public service careers.
After completing the program, Wexner Israel Fellows join the Wexner Foundation’s network of alumni, including several hundred members working in Israel’s public sector.
Working full time in the Foundation’s Jerusalem office and reporting to the Director-General, the Program Manager undertakes a key role in processing new candidate applications and building the annual Fellows’ cohort, including:
– Oversight of the application and admissions process.
– Outreach and recruitment aimed at attracting the highest quality candidates and promoting diversity and equal opportunity.
– Preparing each new class for the departure and return to/from Harvard, including all orientation events.
The Program Manager supports the Deputy Director General in Alumni community activities, including conferences, seminars and workshops and promoting and organizing alumni collaborations and initiatives for the public good.
The Program Manager provides ongoing support for all Wexner Foundation activities in Israel, including:
– Professional contacts with Wexner Foundation staff in North America.
– Harvard Kennedy School coordination.
– Wexner Senior Leadership Program.
– New program development.
– Passion and commitment to public service.
– Relevant public-sector experience.
– Proactive and goal-oriented.
– Creative and enterprising in developing new content and activities.
– Strong interpersonal skills and proven organizational abilities.
– Hebrew and English fluency.
– A university degree.
Please contact us with your CV and cover letter.
Get To Know The Author
WHP Alum Dr. Jonathan Berkowitz (Vancouver) is a Full-Time Lecturer with the Sauder School of Business at the University of British Columbia, and is a consulting statistician with Berkowitz & Associates Consulting Inc.