Larry S. Moses Award Presented in Columbus, Ohio
Pictured (left to right): Gordon Hecker, WHP Alum (Columbus 00) now President and CEO of the Jewish Federation of Columbus; Larry Moses, Senior Philanthropic Advisor and President Emeritus, The Wexner Foundation; and Morissa Freiberg, Director of Education, Congregation Beth Tikvah
The Wexner Foundation and the Jewish Federation of Columbus hosted their 15th annual reception in honor of Columbus Jewish community professionals on Thursday, November 3, 2016. More than 90 people attended.
One of the highlights of the reception was the presentation of the fifth Larry S. Moses Outstanding Young Professional Award. This award, established in 2012, honors a young professional who has rendered exceptional service to the Columbus, Ohio Jewish Community. Criteria for candidates for this prestigious award are:
- 45 years of age or younger
- Three to five years of experience as a communal professional working in the Jewish community
- Exhibit the highest standards of professionalism
- Demonstrate compassion, commitment, and love of Israel and the Jewish people
- Perform with excellence in his/her current position
- Demonstrate potential to become a strong, effective and influential leader in the central Ohio Jewish community
- Inspire others to actively engage in Jewish life and Jewish community-building
This year’s award was presented to Morissa Freiberg, Director of Education at Congregation Beth Tikvah, Worthington, Ohio.